Sunday, March 9, 2014

Spartan Race Complete!

Well, I went and conquered the Spartan Race. It wasn't as nearly as bad as I thought it would be. All I know is that I didn't have the strength that I thought that I did. Trying to get over some of those walls and pull the sandbag was hard. The running wasn't that bad. Although, it was NOT a 5k! The race was 4.5 miles! It was fun though and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

The hardest part was crawling under the barbed wire with gritty and stone filled mud. I have so many cuts from that part. the burpees were not that bad. No one was watching over you to make sure that you did them by the book. This was to my benefit, hehehe.

Injuries: lots of scraps and cuts from the horrible gritty mud crawl, very sore muscles, and some bruising.

Total Number of Burpees: 5x30 = 150

How did this prepare me for my pilgrimage?? Maybe it gave me the boost to get into shape otherwise I'm not too sure. 

Don't worry, I didn't forget about the pictures....here they are: 
Before. Look how clean we look :)

Coming down from a rope climb and pool of mud. 

My buddy was tired and ready to be finished.

This was an easy obstacle.

The "lovely" barb wire and mud pit. Here is where 80% of my injuries occurred. 

We finished! Yay! 

Now bring on the Camino! I'm ready! 

No comments:

Post a Comment