Saturday, March 30, 2013

Passport/Medical ID...Just Another Step

       Well, I finally got my goods together to renew my passport. After moving all of my junk, I decided that it was a good time to do the dirty deed. It might seem like there is time to wait, but I had a bad experience last time I got my passport. Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we???

[Flashback music begins. Travel 10 years into the past. The fuzzy memory picture comes into view] 
     I was trying to prepare for my trip to Scotland that was only a few months down the road and I needed to get a passport. I had never been anywhere besides Canada, and at that time you did not have to have a passport to cross the border. Being excited, I got everything together and mailed it off. With only a few weeks to spare, my lovely little blue book came in the mail. I looked it over real good and noticed something strange. They spelled my name wrong!!!! What in the world?!?! They had my application AND my birth certificate, and they still screwed it up. Way to go government! To fix this awful error, I had to pay for expedited services with overnight shipping, pray that it returned on time. The passport came back with only days to spare. You would think that they would make a new one. Oh no, they made an amendment in the back. 

[Come back to the present music with a clear picture] 
     I vowed never to make that mistake again! So here we are a year away getting my passport renewed. So lets see if they "lovely" government can get my name right this time. If not, I know at least I have time to send it back in without having to worry. At least I know that my picture will be ten times better.


       On a different note, there was a news article about how parents are making their children wear these allergy warning t-shirts, and an idea came into my head. I began to think that if something were to happen to me, someone might need to know that I am allergic to gluten/wheat! The search began for an allergy bracelet that did not cost an arm and a leg while being "cute". Gold was struck when I stumbled upon Hope Paige. It's a place that sells every kind of medical ID possible.
This one allows you to size it to fit your wrist. I only had to cut off a little piece for mine to fit perfectly!
     So just in case your are going to travel the Camino and have a medical issue, you might want to think about getting a medical ID. She has many different colors in this particular style and the engraving is FREE! You can't get any better than that.

**Disclaimer: I was not paid for review of this item, but I loved it so much that I just wanted to share ;)

    No hiking trip this weekend. I trade it for an afternoon of yard work. That counts right??? I had to push the lawn mower up hill most of time, so I am going to count it as training. This did give me time to read that many of the churches in Spain have special services for pilgrims. The priest prays and blesses the pilgrims. Also, the pilgrims get a chance to take the sacraments. This makes me very excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment