Monday, June 30, 2014

Church of Saint Francis of Assisi

Due to the 800th year anniversary of Saint Francis walking the Camino, I was able to get a certificate issued by the monks for completing my Camino. It was really cool.

After getting the certificate, I toured the church. It was amazing. 

The outside...

The inside was in a cross shape. 

Down the "main" isle...

On the left hand side....many of the figures are of various saints. They didn't always have signs posts of who was who. 
Saint John of Scoto

The right hand side of the church. One part was under construction.
Saint Diego

I do have to say that I loved this place. It started getting crowed fairly quickly, so I plan to go back. Trying to pray with huge and loud crowds of people makes it a little difficult to focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment