Friday, June 20, 2014

Day 25: Foncebadón to Molinaseca

I had been looking forward to this day for a long time....the iron cross (la Cruz de Ferro) day!

We left earlier than we intended because we couldn't sleep any longer due to the others rustling their things. It was a nice walk. Ilene and I started walking with a Croatian named Anthony, and it didn't take long for us to get a little confused since it was dark. After we found out way, we made it to La Cruz de Ferro! It was such a beautiful experience. We each gave each other their time to lay down our rocks. Ilene and I stayed to pray for a few after laying down our rocks (Sister Lynn...I put your rock down too).

I took a picture of my rocks, but I couldn't find it...sad....

I am glad that we were there early, because it set the tone for the rest of the day.

The view of the mountains were just outstanding! 
(There were lots of ruins)

The first place that we saw was good ol' El Ramon's (that's not the real name of the albergue...I don't know what it is). It looked even scarier in person than in the movies.

Along with the albergue, there were signs for different destinations with kilometers.

We climbed a the whole mountain which made the view even more stunning.

Stopped for breakfast...

Into the part of our walk, a nice farmer gave us a branch of cherries from his tree. They were so good!

A little peek into the descent. It was pretty rough.

I was glad to be in town. We came across this church...of course it was locked. However, I was able to get my hands through the bars to get some pictures.

The center of town...

Too tired to hand wash clothes...gathered a group to put clothes in the washer and dyer. Made it real cheap! 

Before we went for dinner, we had mass. I really miss being able to come to the table of The Lord....it won't be long now.

I went to dinner with my new pilgrim buddies...Ilene, Marigold, and Father Anthony. We had such great conversations about the church, the pope, and how God is working today...it was so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment