Monday, June 30, 2014

Day 35: Santiago to Finnisterra

It's time for a trip to the "end of the world"! Still with my traveling buddies (it made it really easy to get there in one piece).

Before going to the bus station, I mailed my sticks home and a little something for Candy (so Candy, you have a package coming from Spain with your shell that traveled all through Spain).

We got our tickets for the bus, and ready to roll!

The ride was about 3 hours.

It was such a great day. I walked to the lighthouse (and the end of the world). It was so magnificent. I was glad that I took the bus instead of walking. I don't know if my body would have allowed me do walk such terrain...it looked rough just from the bus ride. Maybe next time. 
Saw a pilgrim lady statue along the way.
Right on before the lighthouse..
Almost to the lighthouse.
I made it! Just in case you can't tell...it says "0.00 km". It was very windy!
The lighthouse.

The wind was blowing so hard, and it began to rain. It didn't matter...the land was amazing. I could have sat there all day. It was the perfect ending to a perfect trip. The office was giving out stamps, and since I didn't have my book, I had them stamp a piece of paper that I could tape into my book later. 

This is what the end of the world looks like...just on case you were wondering. 

On the way back, I stopped in the Parroquial de Santa María de la Fisterra. It was wonderful.
The chapel of Carmen

I went to the beach y'all! It was nice. There was a castle there too. 

I can't wait until I get back to Santiago. There I will have loads if time to reflect, sight see, and relax on my own. The comforts of the real world are slowly coming back...like using a "real" towel instead of the quick drying one....it's the small things.

Before closing out the day at Finnisterra, I had some seafood pallea....it was so good

No comments:

Post a Comment