Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Day15: Hontanas to Castrojeriz

I decided to take short day...only 9.8 kilometers. Sad I know, but my body wasn't liking me this morning...it needed a break.

The fog was out thick this morning. My friend, Karen, said she was waiting to see some medieval Scottish people to pop out from behing the rocks. 

The fog really made the view amazing...



One the way, I spotted a monastery (ruins) 

When coming upon the town, I was excited because there was so much to see...

Here's a neat fountain by the alburge

Went to see a castle. It was pretty cool. The walk there was not....steep climb for 1.3 kilometers.

The view from the top of the castle was amazing!

 After some coffee and a siesta, I tried to see if any of the churches were open. 
This one was being worked on...so...it was a no go...the second church was closed. Really?! I don't understand how you can have so many churches and none of them be open. Aren't they supposed to have mass everyday?


This is really putting a damper on my prayer and reflection time. I love sitting in front of the high alter to meditate and pray.....tomorrow is another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment